Who doesn’t love watching YouTube tutorials? In a few that I’ve seen, beauty gurus were actually using SETTING POWDER before foundation! Isn’t that so strange? So many thoughts came to my mind when I first saw that! Like:” will your foundation be even? Won’t it just spread the powder around? Does this even work!” Apparently it’s supposed to make your makeup last longer, so I gave it a shot.
I’ve read so many mixed reviews on this primer, I just had to try it for myself! For some this is a must have and for some this primer is the total opposite!
So what exactly did I think of this product?
VIEW THIS POST
Warm-toned makeup looks are my favorite because of my skin tone! I created a warm-toned sultry makeup look that’s perfect for date nights, girls night out, or even a family dinner.
Hard to believe that matte makeup can look like skin right? Well, with the right products they can. Here’s how an oily girl (like me) achieves this.
… and I’m so glad I did.
I’ll be honest, I initially didn’t like it and didn’t think it was as great as everyone claimed. I think that’s because I wasn’t using it right. You have have to tilt your face upwards so you can really be able to start from the base of the eyelashes – so basically, do the mascara face.
Pros: Lengthens… alot, volumizing
Cons: If you get the wand too close the inner rim of your eye it can hurt because there are so many bristles on the wand and they are kind of stiff.
I am honestly WOW-ed by this product. If you’ve been reading my blogs for a while you know that Too Faced Better Than Sex has been my holy grail mascara forever. So how does Tarte’s mascara ($23) compare? I would say it’s so close to being just as amazing. However, I do believe that Too Faced BTS mascara is just a little bit more volumizing.
If you want length, this is a great option. It lengthens so much!
Hope you guys liked this post!
What are some of your favorite tarte products? I don’t know about you guys, but I love watching their snapchat stories – it makes me want to buy everything!
I’m more active on instagram so if you have one link it in the comments – I’d love to be able to connect more with you guys! <3
*Pic credit: http://ulta.com
If you’re a matte foundation lover like me you will love the Dior Forever Foundation! The formulation is non-oily and it comes in 28 shades. With a price tag of $50, it claims to provide medium-full coverage while also delivering even color correction. It is also supposed to last for 16 hours.
Does this foundations really do all that it claims to do? Here’s what think:
- Matte – ness and longevity: This foundation stays matte through a full day
- I haven’t worn it for more than 12 hours so I’m not sure if it lives up to the claim but it definitely passes the “12 hour” test. I think that it’s pretty rare anyways for someone to wear foundation for 16 hours.
- My oils do not even peak through this foundation! If it does it is very slight.
- Coverage: this is the most full coverage foundation that I have owned
- I have dark marks on my chin from acne and this completely covers them up! I don’t need to go in with a concealer after using this.
- Formulation: liquid – not too heavy
- I like that this formulation is liquid and that it isn’t a sheer, runny type of liquid.
- It doesn’t feel super thick and it’s easy to blend out or even layer if you wanted too.
I don’t like:
- Shade range: too narrow for people of color
- There were maybe 3 shades for people who are medium/dark tan.
- I was matched to number 40 and I actually really dislike the shade. This foundation has a pink undertone and honestly looks very orange on my face. I like something that’s more golden
Overall: I would be completely in love with this foundation if I didn’t dislike the shade – it is an oily skinned girl’s dream come true!
Easy Warm Toned Glam
I use a bronzer in my crease (too faced chocolate soleil in medium deep) and then mix chopper and sin from urban decay on the lid. Smoke out the lower lash line a tad bit, throw on some black eyeliner, and a little inner corner highlight and that’s it for the eyes! Then I pair it with a coral-nude lip such as the HudaBeauty Liquid Matte in Trendsetter (my absolute fave) or MAC Cosmetics Taupe.
Have you tried anything from Dior’s Makeup or Skincare line? What’re your thoughts?