If you’re a matte foundation lover like me you will love the Dior Forever Foundation! The formulation is non-oily and it comes in 28 shades. With a price tag of $50, it claims to provide medium-full coverage while also delivering even color correction. It is also supposed to last for 16 hours.
Does this foundations really do all that it claims to do? Here’s what think:
- Matte – ness and longevity: This foundation stays matte through a full day
- I haven’t worn it for more than 12 hours so I’m not sure if it lives up to the claim but it definitely passes the “12 hour” test. I think that it’s pretty rare anyways for someone to wear foundation for 16 hours.
- My oils do not even peak through this foundation! If it does it is very slight.
- Coverage: this is the most full coverage foundation that I have owned
- I have dark marks on my chin from acne and this completely covers them up! I don’t need to go in with a concealer after using this.
- Formulation: liquid – not too heavy
- I like that this formulation is liquid and that it isn’t a sheer, runny type of liquid.
- It doesn’t feel super thick and it’s easy to blend out or even layer if you wanted too.
I don’t like:
- Shade range: too narrow for people of color
- There were maybe 3 shades for people who are medium/dark tan.
- I was matched to number 40 and I actually really dislike the shade. This foundation has a pink undertone and honestly looks very orange on my face. I like something that’s more golden
Overall: I would be completely in love with this foundation if I didn’t dislike the shade – it is an oily skinned girl’s dream come true!
Easy Warm Toned Glam
I use a bronzer in my crease (too faced chocolate soleil in medium deep) and then mix chopper and sin from urban decay on the lid. Smoke out the lower lash line a tad bit, throw on some black eyeliner, and a little inner corner highlight and that’s it for the eyes! Then I pair it with a coral-nude lip such as the HudaBeauty Liquid Matte in Trendsetter (my absolute fave) or MAC Cosmetics Taupe.
Have you tried anything from Dior’s Makeup or Skincare line? What’re your thoughts?