False lashes take your look to the next level. Before I started blogging I barely wore lashes, and I still don’t, unless it’s for a post. I’ve picked up some tips and tricks from watching a bunch of YouTube videos and from personal experience.
Details for this makeup look can be found here
Here are the tips that I’ve found to be the most helpful:
- Wear eyeliner so that you can’t see the gap between the fake lashes and your real lashes
- Curl your lashes first
- Trim the lashes to fit your eyes!!! This is important because you can end up looking crazy if they are too big for you… cut it in small pieces at a time (I usually will cut like 1 set of hairs at a time)
- Look down while applying lashes
- This way you can see the top of your lash line so you can see exactly where to place them
- Wiggle the lash band so it’s curved to fit your eye shape.
- Add the glue to the back of your hand and then run the lash band through
- Add extra glue onto the ends of your lashes (so they don’t lift)
- IF THEY DO LIFT: go in with a tiny brush (I use an eyeliner brush) and put glue onto the lash band (while the other part is still glued onto your eye)
- If your eyes start to water, leave the lashes alone. Wait for your eyewater to dry and move onto something else. You won’t be able to get the lashes to glue down if you work while your lashes are wet. When they are dry, use the brush to add glue to the lashes
- Carry glue and the brush in your purse
- If you are a beginner, give yourself like 30 extra minutes for lashes so just in case anything goes wrong you’ll have time to fix it
- ALLOW YOURSELF TO BLINK: if you don’t, your eyes will forcefully blink without your permission and you are more likely to mess something up. If you feel a blink coming on, control your movements and make sure you are in a position where it is ok to blink. I’ve ruined my application so many times simply because I didn’t allow myself to blink which made everything worse!!
I’ve used expensive lash glue and honestly, I don’t see a huge difference. DUO glue works just fine for me
- Eyelure No 128
- Can be found at Ulta and some drug stores
- Huda Beauty: Giselle, Samantha, Scarlett
- Ardell Demi Wispies (more natural)
What are your favorite lashes and lash tricks?
Follow me: Instagram